There is nothing more satisfying in our line of work than a neat looking playing kit & merch. Here are our TOP TIPS worth thinking about as you start designing kits for the 2020 season.
1. SPONSOR COLOURS MATCHING SHIRT DESIGN
- When negotiating Sponsorship contract, push for the ability to use one colour and ability to change the colour to match the football shirt
- If Fly Emirates can do it then this shouldn't be a problem
2. FIND A UNIQUE FONT
- If there is a shirt number & name font you have seen and like in the EPL or elsewhere take a photo and send it through to us
- Most fonts can be found online and downloaded.
3. DECIDE ON AN AWAY KIT THAT WILL NOT CLASH
- Go through each club in the league and decide on an away kit that is not too similar to your home and also that will probably not clash with any other teams.
- Avoid mixing and matching home and away kits because of a clash
4. CHOOSE PLAYING STRIP COLOURS WITH EASY TO FIND UNDERGARMENTS
- Make it easier for the players to find short skins and long sleeve undergarments tops to wear underneath both home and away kits.
- NOTE: All Macron catalogue items have matching undergarments.
- HOT TIP: consider the away kit to have the same colour sleeves as the home kit so players only need one colour long sleeve under-top. (see Adelaide Uni kit)
5. DESIGN A CASUAL MERCH LOGO
- Consider having a more street-wear 'cool' second logo to print on some merchandise items
- Port Adelaide Football club has been very successful with their 'PA' merchandise range (see photo)
- This will help drive merchandise sales.
6. VINTAGE IS HOT ATM
- Send through any photos of old shirts so we can create an inspiration board which will help with the design process.
- Drawing inspiration from an old kit is very in around the globe and may be something to consider. (see Arsenal 2019/20 kit reveal)
7. UNIQUE PERSONALISATION (IF YOU ARE GOING CUSTOM)
- Mix and match different elements of different catalogue shirts like
- Add some text like 'Est 1983' on the back